Prepare spaghettini according to package directions. Measure out and reserve 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water before draining. Stir the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper until smooth; set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add chicken, salt and remaining pepper. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add broccoli and cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp.
Add spaghettini, tomatoes, dressing mixture and cooking water to skillet. Toss until hot and saucy. Serve with lemon and crumbled croutons (if using).
• Replace the homemade Caesar dressing with 3/4 cup (175 mL) prepared, thick Caesar-style dressing.
• Anchovy paste, sold in the refrigerated seafood aisle, adds that characteristic “Caesar” flavour to the dressing, but it can be omitted.
• Add crumbled cooked bacon for an indulgent accent.
- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli Smart VeggieTM Spaghettini
- Light mayonnaise 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Each lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Minced garlic 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL)
- Each Dijon mustard and anchovy paste 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Ground black pepper, divided 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Canola oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- Large chicken breasts, cubed 2
- Salt 1/4 tsp (1mL)
- Broccoli florets 3 cups (750 mL)
- Halved grape tomatoes 1 cup (250 mL)
- Lemon wedges and crumbled garlic croutons (optional)