|Tip||Shortcut this recipe by using a prepared, spicy olive oil.|
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
Heat oil in a small, heavy saucepan set over low heat. Add chili flakes and rosemary. Cook for 15 minutes. Strain and discard solids. Reheat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add sweet peppers; sautÃ© for 5 minutes or until sweet pepper are tender but still bright.
Add hot spaghetti, garlic, lemon juice and zest to sweet pepper mixture; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Garnish with shaved Parmesan (if using).
- CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® Whole Wheat Spaghetti 1 pkg (375 g)
- extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- hot chili pepper flakes 1 tsp (5 ml)
- sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped 2
- each green, red and yellow sweet peppers, thinly sliced 1
- cloves garlic, minced 4
- lemon juice 3 tbsp (45 ml)
- lemon zest 1 tsp (5 ml)
- salt and black pepper To taste
- shaved Parmesan cheese (optional) To taste