- Catelli® Whole Wheat Lasagne 1 pkg (375 g)
- Olive oil 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Cherry tomatoes 4 cups (1 L)
- Small eggplants, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) 2
- Zucchini, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes 2
- Sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes 2
- Onion, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes 1
- Cloves garlic, minced 3
- Each salt and pepper 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Tomato sauce 1 cup (250 mL)
- Thinly sliced fresh basil 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced 1/2 lb (250 g)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). In large bowl, toss together oil, tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, red peppers, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
Arrange on 2 large parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, stirring once and rotating pans halfway through, for about 40 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer vegetables to large bowl; toss with tomato sauce and basil.
Meanwhile, cook lasagne noodles according to package directions.
Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF (180ºC). Spread one-quarter of the roasted ratatouille mixture in bottom of 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles lengthwise over top; spread evenly with one-quarter of the ratatouille mixture. Layer fresh mozzarella evenly over top. Arrange half of the remaining noodles crosswise over top, cutting to fit if needed. Spread evenly with one-quarter of ratatouille mixture. Arrange remaining noodles lengthwise over top. Spread with remaining ratatouille mixture; sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Tip: If preferred, substitute grape tomatoes for cherry tomatoes.