Cook pasta according to package directions
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook, eggplants, onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
Stir in tomatoes, olives, raisins, capers, pine nuts and vinegar; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
Toss pasta with caponata until well coated. Serve with Parmesan.
Tip: Smaller eggplants have less seeds so they are less bitter. If using a large eggplant, chop it, toss with salt and let stand in colander for 15 to 20 minutes to draw out any moisture and lessen the bitterness.
- Catelli® Classic Rotini 1 pkg (500 g)
- Olive oil 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Small eggplants, diced (about 4 1/2 oz/125 g each) 3
- Onion, diced 1
- Red pepper, diced 1
- Stalk celery, diced 1
- Cloves garlic, minced 2
- Finely chopped fresh thyme 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Plum tomatoes, diced 2
- Chopped pitted green olives 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Raisins 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Capers 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Toasted pine nuts 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup (125 mL)