- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli Whole Wheat Rotini
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 each shallots and cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Lindeman's Bin 65 Chardonnay
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each Dijon mustard and cornstarch
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby kale
- 4 oz (125 g) chilled Camembert cheese, cubed
- chopped toasted pecans or walnuts (optional)
Cook rotini according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large, deep skillet set over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté until golden; remove to a plate.
Add remaining oil, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme to skillet; sauté until golden. Return chicken to skillet. Whisk broth with wine, mustard and cornstarch until combined; stir into skillet and simmer for 1 minute or until thickened.
Add hot rotini and kale to skillet; toss over low heat until just wilted and saucy. Remove from heat. Spoon into bowls and garnish with Camembert cubes and pecans (if using).
– Place Camembert in freezer for 10 minutes before cubing.
– Replace kale with baby spinach or arugula.