Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower to a blender.
Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
Meanwhile, add milk, butter, garlic powder to blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional warm milk as needed to get a creamy consistency. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper (adjust to taste).
Toss sauce with hot cooked spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Per serving (1/4 recipe or 1 3/4 cups/425 mL): 460 calories, 14 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 660 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrates, 6 g fibre, 5 g sugars, 28 g protein.Excellent source of folate, vitamin C, vitamin B12 and calcium.Good source of vitamin A and riboflavin.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI Spaghetti
- Cauliflower florets (about 1/2 small head) 3 cups (750 mL)
- Warm milk (approx.) 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Butter 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Salt 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Each freshly ground nutmeg and black pepper 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
- Grated Parmesan cheese 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Chopped fresh parsley 1/2 cup (125 mL)