Bring 4 litres of water to a boil.
To make pesto: blend basil and parsley leaves, toasted almonds, lemon zest and juice, green onion, garlic, jalapeno, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of sea salt, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of water and 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil, until mixture is completely smooth. Transfer blended mixture to a bowl.
Cook spaghettini according to package directions.
Heat 3 tbsp (45 mL) of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until softened. Add shrimp and sauté for oneminute until partially cooked.
Strain pasta and transfer back into pot. Combine shrimp and tomatoes along with pesto, basil and parsley leaves. Toss pasta in sauce over low heat for 30 seconds until shrimpsare fully cooked.
Drizzle olive oil, pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- 1 pkg. (340 g)Catelli Smart Veggieâ¢Spaghettini
- pickled Italian parsley leaves 1 cup (250 mL)
- picked basil leaves 1 cup (250 mL)
- toasted almonds ½ cup (125 mL)
- lemon, juice and zest 1
- sliced green onions 4
- garlic cloves 2
- jalapeno pepper, seeds removed 1
- extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- water 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- sea salt 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- cherry tomatoes cut in half 2 cups (500 mL)
- raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half 20 pieces