Cook pasta according to package directions.
In large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sautÃ© until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and shrimp; sautÃ© 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and continue to sautÃ© until shrimp are cooked through and tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Toss cooked pasta with shrimp mixture, basil and remaining olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® Whole Wheat Spaghettini 1 pkg (300 g)
- olive oil 1/4 cup (50 ml)
- onion, finely chopped 1
- cloves garlic, minced 4
- crushed red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp (2 ml)
- large shrimp, peeled and deveined 12
- cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half 16
- chopped fresh basil leaves 3 tbsp (45 ml)
- Salt and pepper To taste