- 1 pkg (375 g) CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® Whole Wheat Macaroni
- 4 cups (1 L) thawed, frozen broccoli spears, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 each finely chopped onion and clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 ml) each crumbled, sharp cold-pack cheddar cheese and shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare macaroni according to package directions; add broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Melt butter in a large, deep skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. SautÃ© for 5 minutes. Stir in flour until combined. Whisk in milk and mustard; cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until thickened. Gradually, stir in cold pack cheese until smooth.
Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce and shredded cheese.