Prepare macaroni according to package directions; add broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Melt butter in a large, deep skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. SautÃ© for 5 minutes. Stir in flour until combined. Whisk in milk and mustard; cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until thickened. Gradually, stir in cold pack cheese until smooth.
Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce and shredded cheese.
- CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® Whole Wheat Macaroni 1 pkg (375 g)
- thawed, frozen broccoli spears, chopped 4 cups (1 L)
- margarine or butter 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- finely chopped onion and clove garlic 1 each
- salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each
- all-purpose flour 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- milk 3 cups (750 ml)
- Dijon mustard 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- crumbled, sharp cold-pack cheddar cheese and shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup (250 ml) each