- To clean the mushrooms, remove stems and wipe tops. Use a spoon to scrape out and discard the dark gills.
- Measure out and keep separate the parsley sauce used to brush over the steak to avoid cross contamination.
- Steak and mushrooms can be prepared on an outdoor grill if preferred.
Blend parsley with tomatoes, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a food processor or blender until a pesto-like consistency; set aside.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; measure out and reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat an oiled grill-pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brush 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley mixture over steak. Brush mushrooms with an additional 2 tbsp (30 mL) mixture.
Sear steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium (or until of preferred doneness). Rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, sear mushrooms for 3 minutes per side or until tender. Slice steak and mushrooms thinly.
Toss hot cooked spaghetti with mushrooms, remaining sauce and pasta water until well combined. Fan steak over top and garnish with blue cheese or Parmesan (if using).
- 1 pkg (300 g) CATELLI SuperGreensâ¢ Spaghetti
- lightly packed fresh parsley 2 cups (500 mL)
- lightly packed sun-dried tomatoes 1/3 cupÂ (75 ml)
- each red wine vinegar and olive oil (approx.) 1/4 cupÂ (60 ml)
- cloves garlic 4
- each salt and pepper 3/4 tspÂ (4 ml)
- hot pepper flakes 1/4 tspÂ (1 ml)
- strip loin or top sirloin steak, about 12 oz/375 g, trimmed 1
- large portobello mushrooms, cleaned 3
- Crumbled blue cheese or shaved Parmesan (optional)