Butternut Squash Spaghettini with Spinach and HazelnutsEmbrace the bounty of fall with a dish that's loaded with the colours of autumn, warm spices, and comforting aromas. * Add shredded cooked chicken, roasted pork, chickpeas, or tofu for a protein boost.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghettini according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of pasta water. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Cook squash, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
Add onion, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add broth and increase heat to medium-high. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in spinach until just wilted.
Toss squash mixture with spaghettini, reserved pasta water, and half of the parmesan. Transfer to shallow platter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, parsley, and chives. Garnish with toasted hazelnuts.
- 1 pkg (340 g)Catelli® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
- butter 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- butternut squash, diced 3 cups (750 mL)
- white onion, chopped 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- cloves garlic, minced 4
- dried thyme 1 tsp (5 mL)
- sea salt 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- freshly ground black pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
- ground nutmeg 1 pinch
- sodium-reduced chicken broth 1 cup (250 mL)
- baby spinach 4 cups (1 L)
- grated Parmesan cheese, divided 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- parsley, finely chopped 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- chives, finely chopped 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- hazelnuts, toasted and chopped 1/3 cup (75 mL)