Combine cottage cheese with chicken, broccoli and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cheddar cheese; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Stir in flour, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually, whisk in milk. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) cheese.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread 1 cup (250 mL) sauce in 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Fill cannelloni shells with chicken mixture. Arrange filled cannelloni in baking dish. Top evenly with remaining sauce.
Tips: To make it easy to fill cannelloni, spoon mixture into a zip top bag. Cut a corner and squeeze bag to pipe filling into each end of shells.
For easier preparation, chop chicken and broccoli in a food processor.
To quick-thaw broccoli, run under warm water in a colander; drain well before chopping.
Bake, covered,for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley (if using).
- 18 CATELLI EXPRESS Cannelloni
- cottage cheese 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- finely chopped rotisserie chicken 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- thawed, frozen broccoli florets, finely chopped 1 cup (250 mL)
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
- butter 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- all-purpose flour 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Dijon mustard 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- cloves garlic, minced 2
- each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- 2% milk 3 1/4 cups (800 mL)
- finely chopped parsley or green onion (optional)