Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) of cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown all over. Stir in asparagus and garlic; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
Stir in cream; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cream is slightly thickened.
Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to skillet; toss until well coated. Remove pan from heat; toss with Parmesan cheese, butter and parsley.
Tip: Substitute broccolini or sugar snap peas for asparagus.
- Catelli® Classic Fettuccine 1 pkg (500 g)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1 lb (500 g)
- Each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Asparagus, trimmed and chopped 8 oz (250 g)
- Cloves garlic, minced 3
- 35% whipping cream 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, divided 1 cup (250 mL)
- Butter, cut into cubes 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley 2 tbsp (30 mL)