Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make Mac and Cheese pasta recipe? Look no further! Our classic Mac and Cheese recipe is the perfect comfort food for any occasion.
- 3 cups (340 g) Catelli Classic Macaroni
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) All purpose flour
- 4 cups (750 mL) Warm 1% milk
- 1 cup Coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Sharp cheddar cheese, grated or crumbled
- 1 C. teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon or grain mustard (optional)
- 6 Cooked bacon slices, crumbled (optional)
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Melt butter in a pot set over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until just thickened. Season to taste with salt.
Remove from heat; stir in mustard (if using) and cheese and stir until melted (mixture will be rather runny). Add macaroni and bacon (if using). Pour mixture into 10 cup (2.5 L) baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle the macaroni with the mixture.
Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 ° C) oven 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through or golden brown and bubbles form on the surface.