Creamy Greens Pasta
Feel indulgent while keeping healthy! A rich avocado Alfredo sauce and fresh greens make for a creamy pasta dish that everyone can feel good about eating. Friends and family will be green with envy!
- 1 pkg (300 g) Catelli Supergreens Spaghetti
- 1 Ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) Baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Finely chopped fresh basil
- Pinch Red pepper flakes
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.2
Meanwhile, mash together avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk in reserved cooking liquid to make smooth sauce.
In large bowl, toss together pasta, avocado sauce, spinach, arugula, Parmesan, basil and red pepper flakes.