Festive “Taco” Pasta Salad
A Twist on Pasta Salad Tradition: This Mexican-inspired pasta salad will surely brighten any family reunion. Its colourful Mexican flavours, paired with fresh ingredients like cilantro, peppers, red onion and cherry tomatoes make it the perfect dish for serving large crowds.
- 1 pkg Catelli Tri-Colour Fusilli or Tri-Colour Rotini
- ½ tsp (3 mL) Sea salt (plus more for seasoning, to taste)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Taco spice mix
- ½ Lime, juiced
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) Goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) Corn
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) Black beans, rinsed
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) Red onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) Green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Avocados, diced/cubed
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside at room temperature.
While pasta cooks, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, taco spice mix and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
Toss pasta with sauce until evenly coated. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, red onion, cherry tomato, green pepper, cilantro and avocado. Season with salt to taste.
Serve pasta in a large salad bowl or on individual plates and top with vegetable mixture and goat cheese. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator and serve chilled.