Simple Prep for an Elegant Get TogetherStarring fresh Atlantic prawns, this quick and easy recipe takes minutes to make and seconds to enjoy. It’s perfect for an intimate reunion of two or more. For a large warm-weather gathering of friends and family, simply increase the portion size.
- ½ boîte(188 G) 1 PKG (188 G) Catelli Smart Fettuccine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chili oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Red onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 12 Prawns, deveined with shells removed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Soft feta cheese
- Chili flakes, to serve (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Heat chili oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add unsalted butter. Once pan is hot, add onion and cook for 6-7 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
With 2 minutes left on pasta cooking time, return frying pan to medium heat. Add shelled prawns, and gently brown on each side until pink and cooked through. Turn off heat.
Drain pasta and place in pan. Add cilantro and toss until well coated. Add feta cheese, toss gently again and serve with chili flakes (optional).