|Tips||This stuffing can be served any time of year along-side roast chicken, pork or pan-fried fish.|
|For a vegan stuffing, use all olive oil and vegetable broth.|
|Make the stuffing up to 1 day ahead. Transfer the fusilli to a casserole dish. Drizzle with a little extra broth and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.|
Heat butter and oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Stir in broth and cranberries; simmer for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Drain well; transfer fusilli to a large bowl. Add the skillet mixture and parsley; toss well to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI GLUTEN FREE FUSILLI
- each butter and olive oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- large cooking onion, chopped 1
- each chopped celery and grated carrot 1 cup (250 mL)
- finely chopped fresh sage leaves 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- each finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- each salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- chicken or vegetable broth 1 1/4 cups (300 mL)
- dried cranberries 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves 1/4 cup (50 mL)