|Tips||The ground meat trio is an Italian tradition but these meatballs can also be made with 100% ground beef.|
|Formed, raw meatballs can be frozen, tightly sealed, for up to 1 month.|
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Stir the Parmesan with the almonds, onion, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic and eggs. Crumble in the ground beef, pork and veal. Gently mix until well combined. Portion and roll into 32 meatballs. Arrange in a greased casserole dish.
Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are set. Pour pasta sauce over top. Bake for 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and meatballs are cooked through. Transfer half the meatballs, using a slotted spoon, to a container. Pour the sauce and remaining meatballs over the cooked spaghetti. Garnish with basil leaves.
Once cooled, reserve the leftover meatballs tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with additional sauce over rice, in a gluten free Kaiser or on skewers as an appetizer.
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI, COOKED AND DRAINED
- grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- ground almonds 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- grated onion 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- milk 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- each salt and pepper 3/4 tsp (4 mL)
- cloves garlic, minced 3
- eggs, beaten 2
- lean ground beef 8 oz (250 g)
- lean ground pork 8 oz (250 g)
- ground veal 8 oz (250 g)
- tomato and herb pasta sauce 1 jar (700 mL)
- Basil leaves Â