- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Olive Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Sliced cured chorizo sausage
- ` Small onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Dry white wine
- Pinch Saffron threads
- 1 can (398 mL) Diced tomatoes
- 1 lb (500 g)Little neck clams
- 1 lb (500 g) Peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each: Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Frozen peas
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Finely chopped fresh parsley
Scrub clams. Discard any clams with cracked shells and that do not close when tapped.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook chorizo, onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add white wine and saffron; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Add little neck clams. Cover and cook clams for 5 to 7 minutes or until they start to open. Stir in shrimp, red peppers and peas. Simmer, uncovered, until shrimp is cooked through and clamsare fully open. Stir in parsley. Discard any clams that do not open.
Serve spaghetti with paella overtop.