Use a potato masher to break up the tomatoes easily.
For a preparation shortcut, replace the homemade pesto with 2/3 cup (150 mL) any favourite bottled pesto.
Replace the sun-dried tomatoes with 2 tbsp (30 mL) each pine nuts and Parmesan cheese for a traditional basil pesto.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190 C). Combine basil, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add olive oil, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Toss tomatoes with 3 tbsp (45 mL) pesto. Arrange in a foil-lined roasting pan. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove half of the tomatoes. Mash the remaining tomatoes roughly; stir in remaining pesto.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add hot spaghetti and reserved tomatoes to roasting pan; toss well to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese (if using).
- 1 pkg (340 g)CATELLI® GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI
- fresh basil leaves 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- fresh parsley leaves 1 cup (250 mL)
- oil packed sun-dried tomatoes 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- cloves garlic 3
- each extra virgin olive oil and water 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- each finely grated lemon zest and juice 1 tsp (5 mL)
- each salt and freshly ground pepper (approx.) 3/4 tsp (4 mL)
- large cherry tomatoes, halved 2 1/2 cups (625 mL)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)