Cut tofu, red onion, zucchini and mushroom into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices; quarter orange pepper.
Whisk ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil until combined. Brush 2 tbsp (30 mL) sauce mixture over tofu and marinate for 10 minutes. Preheat grill to medium and grease well.
Toss vegetables with olive oil. Grill vegetables and tofu for 10 minutes, turning as needed, until tender and marked.
Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking water before draining.
Roughly chop tofu and veggies; toss with hot cooked penne, reserved cooking water, basil and remaining sauce mixture.
Per serving (1/6th recipe or 2 cups/500 mL): 390 calories, 14 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 730 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 15 g sugars, 25 g protein.Excellent source of vitamin C.Good source of folate and iron.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI Penne
- Extra firm tofu 1 pkg (350 g)
- Each small red onion, zucchini and portobello mushroom cap 1
- Orange pepper 1
- Each ketchup and sodium-reduced soy sauce 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Each balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and toasted sesame oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Olive oil 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- Slivered fresh basil 1 cup (250 mL)