- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Smart Fusilli
- Candied Pecans:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Pecans
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pasta Salad:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Olive oil
- 2tbsp (30 mL) Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Honey
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Each, salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Halved red grapes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Stalks celery, thinly sliced
To make candied pecans, preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). In a small skillet set over medium heat, combine sugar and 4 tsp (20 mL) water; bring to boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in pecans and salt.
Spread in single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until caramel is set; let cool completely.
Cook fusilli according to package directions; drain and let cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, vinegar, chives, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add pasta, tossing well. Fold in spinach, grapes, apple slices, and celery. Garnish with candied pecans.