To make candied pecans, preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). In a small skillet set over medium heat, combine sugar and 4 tsp (20 mL) water; bring to boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in pecans and salt.
Spread in single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until caramel is set; let cool completely.
Cook fusilli according to package directions; drain and let cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, vinegar, chives, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add pasta, tossing well. Fold in spinach, grapes, apple slices, and celery. Garnish with candied pecans.
- Catelli Smart Fusilli 1 pkg (375 g)
- Candied Pecans:
- Brown sugar 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Pecans 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pasta Salad:
- Plain Greek yogurt 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- Olive oil 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- Apple cider vinegar 2tbsp (30 mL)
- Fresh chives, finely chopped 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Grainy mustard 4 tsp (20 mL)
- Honey 1 tsp (5 mL)
- Clove garlic, minced 1
- Each, salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL)
- Baby spinach 2 cups (500 mL)
- Halved red grapes 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced 1
- Stalks celery, thinly sliced 2