- 1 PKG (375g) Catelli Smart Lasagna, cut in 1 or 2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (700 ml) pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 450 g ground beef (beef or pork)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 8 cups (1.89 L) chicken broth (prefer a low sodium version if store bought)
- 1 small can diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps (30ml) tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a big cooking pot, pour a little oil on medium-high heat and cook the onion a few minutes. Add the ground beef. Once the meat is well cooked, add the garlic and the spices. Stir well.
Add the pasta sauce, six (6) cups of chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and lasagna. Bring to a boil and turn down the heat. Cook until pasta is tender. Stir once every 20-30 minutes.
Once pasta is cooked, add two (2) more cups of chicken broth. Stir and add more broth if you’d like a more liquid consistency. For a creamier consistency, add ½ cup 35% cooking cream. Stir well.
Serve in a bowl and top the soup with a good handful of shredded cheese!