Mean Green Clean Pasta Salad
Loaded with lots of healthy green vegetables, this lemony pasta salad is a wholesome vegetarian lunch option!
- 1 pkg (300 g) Catelli® SuperGreens Pasta - Fusilli or Rotini
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced peeled broccoli stalks
- 2 cups (500 mL) shaved Brussels sprouts
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili flakes
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed thinly sliced kale (stems removed)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped fresh basil and parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
Cook fusilli according to package directions; drain and let cool.
Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook broccoli florets and stalks, Brussels sprouts, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in kale; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
Toss together fusilli, broccoli mixture, basil, parsley and remaining oil. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining oil. Serve hot or cold.