Add 4 litres of water to a pot and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of salt to water. Bring to a boil.
In a large pot or frying pan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add cumin and mustard seeds and cook until fragrant (30 seconds to 1 minute). Add turmeric, chili flakes and minced garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until garlic is tender and fragrant.
Add in pureed tomato and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cover pot with lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes
Cook fusilli according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, add washed leafy greens to the sauce and stir well to wilt greens.
Drain pasta well and add to the sauce. Add diced queso fresco and sliced green onions and stir well.
Add salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
- 1 pkg. (340 g)CatelliÂ® Ancient Grains Fusilli
- canola oil 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- whole cumin seeds 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- whole mustard seeds 2 tsp (10 mL)
- ground turmeric 1 tbsp (15 mL)
- chili flakes 1/2 tsp (3 mL)
- garlic, peeled and coarsely minced 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- coconut milk 1 cup (250 mL)
- pureed tomato (canned diced tomato pureed) *see chefâs tips 2 cups (500 mL)
- assorted leafy greens (spinach, kale, mustard etc.) washed and spun well to dry 8 cups (2 L or 140 g)
- queso fresco cheese, diced into a half-inch dice *see chefâs tips 2 cups (500 mL)
- green onions, thinly sliced 1 cup (250 mL)
- salt and black pepper to taste