Penne with Roasted Vegetables
For a healthy dinner, try making our recipe for Penne with Roasted Vegetables for you and your entire family!
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Tri-Colour Penne
- 2 cups (500 mL) each Each chopped: peeled carrot, sweet potato and parsnip
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each Coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Toss carrot with sweet potato, parsnips, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper until combined. Spread in a roasting pan. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender and browned.
Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Remove and reserve 50 mL (1/4 cup) of the cooking water before draining.
Drizzle vegetables with balsamic vinegar; stir to scrape up the browned bits in pan. Add penne, reserved water, cheese and parsley; toss to combine.