Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Toss carrot with sweet potato, parsnips, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper until combined. Spread in a roasting pan. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender and browned.
Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions. Remove and reserve 50 mL (1/4 cup) of the cooking water before draining.
Drizzle vegetables with balsamic vinegar; stir to scrape up the browned bits in pan. Add penne, reserved water, cheese and parsley; toss to combine.
- 1 pkg (375 g) CATELLI BISTRO TRI-COLOUR PENNE
- each chopped, peeled carrot, sweet potato and parsnip 2 cups (500 mL) each
- onion, finely chopped 1
- cloves garlic, thinly sliced 3
- olive oil 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- chopped fresh oregano leaves 3 tbsp (45 mL)
- salt and pepper 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each
- good quality balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley leaves 1/2 cup (125 mL) each