Red Lentil Rotini Creamy Cheese Bake
Crushed tomatoes are sautéed with garlic, olive oil, a blend of shredded cheese, and then baked with red lentil rotini pasta.
- 1 box (250g) Catelli® Red Lentil Rotini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Provolone cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta two minutes less than package directions.
In a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil for one minute, add tomato and bring to a boil.
Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil again.
Turn heat off, stir in Parmigiano and dissolve.
Drain pasta and mix well with the sauce.
Place ½ pasta in a greased 9” x 13” baking tray, half the shredded cheese, layer the rest of pasta and remaining cheese on top.
Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is completely melted and starts to brown a little. Serve immediately.