Cook Catelli® Rigatoni according to the package instructions. When cooked, strain and set aside.You can toss the pasta in a little olive oil and let cool.
Slice the onion and garlic, place in a heavy bottom pot with a pinch of salt and olive oil, add a tablespoon of water and place a lid on top. Turn to very low heat and let cook (up to an hour, if time permits) until the onions and garlic are translucent and soft. Then, remove from heat. Open the can of San Marzano tomatoes, crush the tomatoes with your hands, and add them to the onions and garlic. Season with salt to taste.
Place the cooked noodles and tomato, onion and garlic mixture in a pan and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Add the olives, herbs and arugula.Toss once and transfer to a bowl, top with dressed arugula, lemon vinaigrette and grated Parmesan.
- 1 pkg (500 g)CatelliÂ® Rigatoni
- large oinion 1
- cloves garlic 4
- olive oil â cup (75ml)
- water 1 tbsp (15 ml)
- San Marzano tomatoes 1 28oz can
- chopped olives 3 tbsp (20 g)
- chopped herbs (parsley, chives) 2 tbsp(30 g)
- baby arugula 2 large handfuls
- salt to taste
- baby arugula, lemon vinaigrette (1 part lemon juice, 3 parts oil, pinch salt) and grated Parmesan cheese Garnish (optional)