Roasted Cherry Tomato, Spinach and Asiago Pasta
Try something new tonight! Our delicious recipe for a Roasted Cherry Tomato, Spinach, and Asiago Pasta is sure to become a dinner time favourite.
While perfect on its own, this pasta can also be stretched to feed a crowd by topping with roasted chicken, sausages or baked fish when company drops in unexpectedly.
- 1 pkg (375 g)CATELLI SMARTÂ® SPAGHETTINI
- 3 cups (750 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper
- 1 bag (180 g / 1 L) baby spinach leaves, about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Asiago cheese (approx.)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes on a foil-lined, baking sheet.
Roast the tomatoes for 20 to 30 minutes or until shriveled and lightly browned. Scrape the tomatoes and juices into a large bowl. Add the spinach.
Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions.
Toss the pasta with the spinach, roasted tomatoes, Asiago and basil. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts (if using). Serve with additional cheese on the side.