Bring 4 litres water to a boil, add ½ cup (125 mL) of kosher salt.
Cook pasta according to box instructions.
In large sauté pan, over medium heat, add canola oil. Add shallot and sauté 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
Add white wine to deglaze pan. Bring to a boil.
Add cream and basil, return to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is ready.
In medium sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of canola oil then pancetta to cold pan. Gently crisp.
Add pasta to pancetta sauce and coat noodles. Add basil cream, roasted garlic and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 1 pkg. (250 g)Catelli Supergreensâ¢ Spaghetti
- canola oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- shallot, sliced 1
- bulb roasted garlic, cloves removed and mashed to a puree 1
- basil, chopped 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- white wine ¼ cup
- 35% cream 1 cup (250 mL)
- pancetta, diced 2 oz (60 g)