Cook the rotini according to package directions, add the rapini during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold, running water until cool. Drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, stir the vinegar with the honey, mustard, garlic and half each of the salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the mixture is well combined.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken evenly with the remaining salt and pepper. Toss the chicken with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the dressing mixture. Brown the chicken in the skillet for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
Toss the chicken with the rotini, rapini, remaining dressing, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, onion, basil and pine nuts. Salad can be held in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- 3 cups (750 mL)CATELLI® HEALTHY HARVEST® WHOLE WHEAT ROTINI
- coarsely chopped rapini, lightly packed 6 cups (1.5 L)
- red wine vinegar 1/4 cup (50 mL)
- honey 2 tsp (10 mL)
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp (5 mL)
- large clove garlic, minced 1
- salt and pepper, divided 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each
- extra virgin olive oil 1/3 cup (75 mL)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed 2
- drained and rinsed marinated artichoke hearts, chopped 1 cup (250 mL)
- thinly sliced roasted red pepper 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- thinly sliced red onion 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- toasted pine nuts 1/4 cup (50 mL)