- 4 cups (375 g) Catelli Smart Penne
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin and dried oregano leaves
- 1 onion, green pepper and tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) mild salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) rinsed, cooked black beans and corn kernels
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped green onion
Cook penne according to package directions. Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin and oregano; sautÃ© until browned. Add onion, green pepper and tomato; sautÃ© for 5 minutes or until tender. Add salsa, beans and corn; cook until heated through.
Add penne to chicken mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and green onion before serving.
Add salsa, beans and corn; cook until heated through.
Add hot penne pasta to chicken mixture; mix well. Sprinkle with cheese and shallot before serving.