In a large pot, add 4 litres of cold water with sea salt to taste. Set your heat to high. Once boiling, add 1 package (375 g) of Catelli®Small Shells. Stir frequently and cook according to package instructions.When cooked, strain and set aside.
Over medium heat in your favourite skillet or saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with sea salt. Add the thinly sliced Vidalia onion, stirring frequently until caramelized or well browned. Remove the onion and reserve, leaving the oil in the pan.
Depending on how big you cut your seafood, start adding the largest pieces into your pan, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. You’re looking for a nice brown finish on your seafood.
Add the diced Roma tomatoes and the thinly sliced sundried tomatoes, mixing thoroughly. This will start to develop a bit of sauce.
Once the Roma tomatoes are cooked down, add the nut-free basil pesto, the caramelized onions and broccoli florets. Stir through and remove from heat.
Add your perfectly cooked and drained pasta to the pan, stir through and plate, topped with some grated Grana Padano.
- 1 pkg (375 g)CatelliÂ® Small Shells
- cold water 16 cups (4 l)
- olive oil 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- thinly sliced Vidalia onion Â½ cup (115 g)
- chopped raw shrimps Â½ cup (115 g)
- sliced cleaned scallops Â½ cup (115 g)
- diced local salmon Â½ cup (115 g)
- diced Roma tomatoes 1 cup (230 g)
- thinly sliced sundried tomatoes 3 tbsp (45 ml)
- de tomates séchées au soleil finement tranchées 3c. à soupe (90 ml)
- nut-free basil pesto 6 tbsp (90 ml)
- blanched broccoli florets 1 cup (230 g)
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- grated Grana Padano Garnish: