- 1 PKG (375G) CATELLI® Infusions Spinach & Roasted Garlic Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 strip loin steaks (8 oz/250 g each, 1-inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine (or additional beef both)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley (plus extra for garnish)
Preheat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat and brush with half the oil. Season steaks with half the salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes per side for medium or until cooked to preferred doneness. Remove to a board and tent with foil to rest.
Add remaining oil, mushrooms and shallot to skillet; cook for 5 minutes. Whisk broth, red wine (if using), cornstarch and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; stir into skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain well
Add fettuccine and parsley to skillet; toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Thinly slice steak and fan over fettuccine. Garnish with blue cheese and additional parsley.