Tuna Puttanesca PenneA fresh take on a classic Italian recipe, this dish is delicious served warm or as a cold salad the next day
Cook penne according to package directions.
Meanwhile, drain the cans of tuna, reserving oil and broth in a measure or bowl; stir in vinegar and set aside. Separate tuna into chunks and set aside.
Heat olive oil a large skillet set over medium heat. Add zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add tuna, tomatoes, olives and capers and toss until heated through.
Stir in hot penne, reserved tuna broth mixture and parsley. Toss until well combined.
Per serving (1/6th recipe or 1 1/3 cup/325 mL): 370 calories, 15 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 540 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 3 g sugars, 22 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin C.
- 1 PKG (300G) CATELLI Smart Penne
- Light tuna packed in oil and broth 2 cans (142 g each)
- Red wine vinegar 2 tsp (10 mL)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Large zucchini, cut into half moons 1
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Cloves garlic, chopped 4
- Cherry tomatoes, halved 1 pint (200 g)
- Halved mixed olives 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Capers 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Chopped fresh parsley 1/2 cup (125 mL)