Turkey Piccata Spaghettini Toss
Anyone who loves the classic piccata flavours of lemon, capers, and wine will love this effortless pasta dish. Sun-dried tomato and basil spaghettini is the perfect backdrop for the tender turkey strips and lemony sauce.
- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Spaghettini
- 12 oz (350 g) turkey scaloppine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 each shallots and large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each white wine and lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each drained capers and butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Slice turkey scaloppine into long thin strips. Toss with flour and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil in a large, deep skillet set over medium-high. Add turkey; cook turning, just until browned all over. Remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium.
Add remaining oil, shallots, garlic and remaining salt and pepper to skillet; sauté for 1 minute. Add broth, wine and lemon juice; stir to scrape up browned bits and bring to a simmer. Return turkey to skillet; simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in capers and butter.
Meanwhile, cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain well. Add spaghettini and parsley to skillet; toss to combine.