- 1 pkg (375 g) Catelli Smart Rotini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Lean ground beef
- 1 Finely chopped small onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Ech salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Beef broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Each soy sauce and liquid honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) White vinegar
- 4 Minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Minced ginger
- 1 bag (454 g) Coleslaw blend, about 8 cups (2 L)
- To taste Chopped green onion (optional)
- To taste Cchopped unsalted cashews (optional)
Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large stir-fry skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, salt and pepper to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until beef is browned and onion is translucent.
Whisk the broth with the soy sauce, honey, orange juice concentrate, cornstarch, vinegar, garlic and ginger until well combined. Stir the sauce mixture into the meat; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick and glossy.
Stir the coleslaw mix and cooked pasta into the sauce. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is saucy and the coleslaw is slightly wilted. Sprinkle with green onion and cashews (if using).
Tip: For a speedy substitute use two bottles or 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) of your favourite stir-fry sauce instead of the sauce mixture in this recipe.